I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


I'm slipping away for a few days to Whidbey Island with friends and I'm really looking forward to it. I have scheduled my posts for the days I'm gone and will check in from time to time -- when I can find a computer. May is almost here!


Be like a flower and turn your face to the sun.
Kahlil Gibran

O day after day we can't help growing older.
Year after year spring can't help seeming younger.
Come let's enjoy our winecup today,
Nor pity the flowers fallen.
Wang Wei, On Parting with Spring

There is more pleasure in making a garden than in contemplating a paradise.
Anne Scott-James

13 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

Have a great time and come back re-inspired!

P.S. Your Word Verification is 'mycold'! Don't get one!

kRiZcPEc said...

"There is more pleasure in making a garden than in contemplating a paradise.
Anne Scott-James"
Love this quote. Thanks for sharing. :)
PS: would it be possible to come across verification code Cream? Choco? Cocoa? LOL - this time for me it's mingulat.

Sylvia K said...

I'm not supposed to have a word verification, so I'm a bit puzzled!!

Linda Reeder said...

I'm going to Whidbey on Monday for a few days, too!

Anonymous said...

That should be a very nice change of scenery for you! Enjoy and take lots of pictures!

Chris said...

Ahhh Spring, glorious Spring!

magiceye said...

happy holidays!!!!

robin andrea said...

Have a wonderful time--Whidbey Island is so beautiful. Wave hello to Port Townsend for me!

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Sylvia,

Have a great time it sounds like a special place to relax and enjoy times with friends.

U

Sarah said...

Hope you have a lovely time!

bobbie said...

Your flowers are just lovely, Sylvia. Have yourself a really wonderful time!

storyteller said...

Hope you're having a lovely time ;--)
I love each of the photos and quotes, but my fav is Kahlil's Gibran's "Be like a flower and turn your face to the sun."

Unknown said...

I love the pretty photos and the quote about cultivating a garden. Very nice post, Sylvia!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time