I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, November 21, 2008

A Brief Trip Around the Country

My son was in Las Vegas on a business trip recently and took some pictures of the rock formations near by. If you click on the photo you'll be able to see rock climbers on the face of this cliff. They're braver than I am, that's for sure.
A full moon over my other son's backyard in Texas.
From an Oregon friend's trip to Canada.
And a brilliant dawn in Arizona.
What a beautiful country we have! What a beautiful world we live in! It's easy to forget these blessings when times are difficult as they are now, so over the weekends I try to focus on the beauty that is all around us and sometimes throw in a little of the funny stuff when I can find it. I have to be careful with that though because I have a quirky sense of humor that might not be funny to some people. But for tonight and tomorrow it's just the beautiful things. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kay said...

I love your quirky sense of humor, Sylvia. Your posts always make me smile and gives me a lift. These photos are all magnificent. That Arizona photo is just breath taking!

bobbie said...

Fantastic photos!

Your blog does look kinky today.
Blogger is doing strange things to me too. Let's hope this phase passes quickly.

Anonymous said...

I like your sense of humor, Sylvia, and your beautiful photos, too.

Have a great weekend.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time