I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Searching For Beauty

The news has been so grim the past few days, the terroists in Mombai, the Wal-Mart employee killed by frenzied shoppers, the picture of a starving child in Africa and suddenly I felt an almost desperate need to find and share a little beauty. This picture I found quite by accident on the web and loved it! The others I just picked randomly from my photos because they're beautiful.

Posted by Picasa And, of course, my best friend, Sam Schnauzer.

4 comments:

June Saville said...

I can understand Sam being your best friend Sylvia - his face is so full of wisdom.
How was Thanksgiving?
I just visited Lilly's blog and she's ok in Thailand although stuck in Phuket - if that's what you would call a forced holiday in such a paradise.
I think searching for beauty is the way to go ... Try 70 Plus and Still Kicking.
Cheers
June

Kay said...

Thank you, Sylvia. I was feeling a bit cranky lately and you've given me a moment of peace that I could use. There's so much bad news lately, it's at times hard to remain optimistic.

storyteller said...

You do share the most intriguing photos ... and they are a wonderful diversion for the mind in these distressing times. Thank you.
Hugs and blessings,

Gowri Mohanakrishnan said...

These beautiful pictures do bring some happiness...thanks for sharing.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time