I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, January 2, 2009

That Seagull in the Snow Sing Along

About ten days ago I posted pictures of seagulls in the snow down near the harbor. The one below in particular looked really pissed off. My friend at www.rinklyrimes.blogspot.com saw it and decided to give him his hour of fame by writing lyrics to the tune of Winter Wonderland and it's priceless! But that was about the time my computer problems started and I didn't ever get it over to my blog from hers. So I'm doing it now. You gotta sing along with this one!
 
Posted by Picasa

Seagull in the Snow
I've been out in all weathers,
And it's ruffled my feathers,
But this is a first:
I hope it's the worst.
Who would be a Seagull in the Snow?

I can feel my beak freezing
And it isn't too pleasing,
And as for the feet
They long for some heat.
Who would be a Seagull in the Snow?

I can tell you life is getting dicey;
All the worms are deep beneath the ground!
Look at my expression! It is icy!
You are by the fire I'll be bound!

See, my eye! It's so beady!
It's a sign that I'm needy.
Though I'm on the beach
I can't raise a screech!
Who would be a Seagull in the Snow!

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so clever!! As something of a song re-writer myself, I salute an excellent job!!

Rinkly Rimes said...

Thanks on two counts.'One for giving me sch a public airing and two, because I accidentally zapped the blog at this end and I'd forgotten what I wrote!

Great Grandma Lin said...

very funny. would love to follow this particular seagull around and see how things go...for him or her.

Small City Scenes said...

That is TOO funny. That Gull does look a little PO'd. MB

June Saville said...

Anyone would be pissed off in that cold Sylvia. Your friend did a good job with the poem.

I just got my computer back after hassles for nearly a week. You're ok too eh?
June in Oz

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time