I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty



A useless life is an early death.
Goethe



What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful.
HH the Dalai Lama



The universe is transformation; our life is what our thoughts make it.
Marcus Aurelius



Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.
Marie Curie



Study as if you were going to live forever; live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
Maria Mitchell

7 comments:

Kay said...

I love Maria Mitchell's quote. Your photos are just glorious, Sylvia.

Jay said...

I love the fields of blue, and the streaky clouds!

The quotes are nice, too, though the one from Marie Curie is rather poignant, considering what happened to her.

Great Grandma Lin said...

isn't landscape peaceful, like your quotes

pink dogwood said...

I read another great one from Goethe yesterday "People only hear what they understand" and I am finding it to be so true at work lately :)

Anonymous said...

What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful (to at least one other person)!

Love that quote by the Dalai Lama!

Vicki ~ FL said...

I love your photos and thank you for stopping by my blog.

EG CameraGirl said...

Love your photos and quotes.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time