I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln



Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Attributed to Howard Thurman



Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
~Will Rogers



The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen. ~Sarah Brown



My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular. ~Adlai Stevenson, speech, Detroit, 1952



Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. ~Moshe Dayan



No one is free when others are oppressed. ~Author Unknown

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last one. :)

Woody said...

I love the shot of the boat.

Loran said...

Where do you get all your great quotes?

Sylvia K said...

Hi Mountain Mama! This is where I get them. http://www.quotegarden.com/index.html

Wonderful place! Thanks for stopping by, appreciate your comment!

Sylvia

Kay said...

I like the coming alive quote. I'll have to keep that in mind.

eileeninmd said...

Love the quotes and the sunset is amazing. Sylvia, I loved your photos.

Janie said...

Great theme of freedom and self-fulfillment. Beautiful photos, too.

Susan at Stony River said...

What a great collection today; they're all good. I need to be reminded of the Will Rogers quote MUCH more often! I do a lot of sitting-on-my-track.
:-/

chrome3d said...

I´m both safe and unpopular so Adlai gets my vote.

agent112778 said...

i love the photo of the boat. i love the sea, sun and sky

my entry is here


have a Great day for us Sky Watchers:)

Thanx for the Visit :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time