I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

And a Little Humor for the Day!

HOW TO BE A GRACIOUS B**CH

Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement - not even her parent's nasty divorce.

Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear, and would be the best-dressed mother-of-the-bride ever!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's new, young wife had bought the exact same dress as her mother!

Jennifer asked her father's new young wife to exchange it, but she refused. ''Absolutely not! I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it,'' she replied.

Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, ''Never mind sweetheart. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day.''

A few days later, they went shopping, and did find another gorgeous dress for her mother.

When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, ''Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it."

Her mother just smiled and replied, ''Of course I do, dear.....I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.''

My kind of woman!

Oh, and I don't want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything, but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely hilarious.
Sweet revenge well planned.
thank you Sylvia.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Molto esilarante !
Ciao Sylvia :-)

Bettey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bettey said...

Too funny!!! That is great!

Hood Photo Blog

Susan at Stony River said...

Gracious B**ch, 1

New Wife, 0

ROFLMAO!!!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Too funny - the story - and your little brag about the ear-rings! :-)

lotusleaf said...

Good Morning, Sylvia. It is 6O'clock here now and I am giggling with mirth!

Nydia said...

What a wise lady she this! I would love to be a fly only to see the reaction, lol!

Kisses from Nydia.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I love it - talk about upstaging! A x

Unknown said...

Love it..very funny.

Hope you are having a warm and sunny week,
we have sleety, cold rain.

Chandni (Chanz) said...

OMG... I'll definitely make my mom read this...

jabblog said...

Wonderful!

Unknown said...

I loved this so much!
Smart move!

Janie said...

Now that's a wise mom.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time