I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

God Enjoys a Good Laugh!

There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black: 
1. He called everyone brother 
2. He liked Gospel 
 3. He didn't get a fair trial 

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Jewish: 
 1. He went into His Father's business 
2. He lived at home until he was 33 
3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin and his Mother was sure He was God 

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian: 
 1. He talked with His hands 
2. He had wine with His meals 
3. He used olive oil 

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian: 
 1. He never cut His hair 
2. He walked around barefoot all the time 
3. He started a new religion 

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was an American Indian: 
1. He was at peace with nature 
2. He ate a lot of fish 
3. He talked about the Great Spirit 
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish: 
1. He never got married.. 
2. He was always telling stories. 
3. He loved green pastures. 
But the most compelling evidence of all - 3 proofs that Jesus was a woman: 
1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was virtually no food 
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn't get it 
3. And even when He was dead, He had to get up because there was still work to do 

 
Can I get an AMEN!!

 

*Dear God, my prayer for 2011 is for a fat bank account & a thin body.
Please don't mix these up like you did last year. AMEN.* 
* *

21 comments:

Yoshi said...

Well, he can be anybody but one thing which is certain to me is he is definitely one of the most beloved human being in our history.

Kay L. Davies said...

Four inches of snow! That's bad for your area. Traffic will be worse than usual, which is hard to do in Seattle. LOL
I'm sure God enjoyed your humor item today. I certainly did, especially the Californian part and the woman part.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Sally in WA said...

Amen! Our snow has changed to rain this morning. We only got about an inch up north. Enjoy your day!

Cildemer said...

He he he! Loved your post on Jesus!
But couldn't he have been Portuguese too?

***
Have a great day, Sylvia. And keep warm****

Jo said...

Amen, Sylvia! Jesus was and is the best thing that has ever happened to humanity. Just like women are. He also never shirked His duty, even to death on the cross! Wrap up warmly, my friend. It's high summer here and the days are stunningly beautiful. Blessings and (((hugs))) Jo

Peggy said...

Amen and Holy cow (the snow that is)

We just have a couple inches this time.
Yuck and it's cold !

Funny joke Sylvia, of course she's a women!
Stay warm!!!

Cheryl said...

A woman indeed! Snow's piling up here. No clue how much has already fallen. It's blowing like crazy. A real nor'easter. Whee!

Martha Z said...

Yes indeed, Amen to that.
Have you noticed, when a man is sick he takes off from work, lies in bed and is waited on hand and foot.
When a woman is sick the man goes to work and expects dinner on the table, the children clean and fed when he gets home. What's my point? Even the men know that we are omnipotent and can do it all no matter what.

George said...

I love this!
You got almost as much snow as we did. I only hope it's a little warmer where you are than it is here.

Unknown said...

AMEN! :)
HelenMac, ABC team

webruci said...

:)))
Dear Sylvia, this is brilliant!:) My wife (Sylvia) love it! she just can't stop laughing:)

Thanks for your support in this hard times:)
Hugs, Robert and Sylvi.

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, Sylvia, I loved this one!

Arija said...

Nothing like getting up and having some religion served up at me. God knows I've been praying for a miracle and this was it.

Thanks, it has been rather a heavy week.

Christine said...

I loved this! I'm always in for a laugh and you've provided it, Sylvia. Hope your week is going well.

Melissa B. said...

Amen, sister! Thanks so much for this. Made my day. :)

Carol said...

Amen! Love this fun post, Sylvia!

Kay said...

Oh Sylvia! This is too too wonderful. I love it! Thanks for sharing it and giving me a smile.

Teamgsquare said...

nice one madam ....,

B i r g i t t a said...

:D :D :D
But Sylvia I am so qurious about Jesus beeing Swedish - did you forget that one :D
I rather see Jesus as a philosopher than a preacher.
I love this one Sylvia!

Kay said...

you crack me up! so, thank you, for that! :))

Jeannette StG said...

And some people think believing in Jesus is boring...wonder where they get that idea?? (rhetorical question:) But most of all I like your personal request at the end!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time