I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Who Reads Our Newspapers???



1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run
the country.

2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run
the country.

3. The New York Times is read by people who think they
should run the country and who are very good at crossword puzzles.
 

4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run
the country but don't really understand The New York Times. They do,
however, like their statistics shown in pie charts.

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't
mind running the country, if they could find the time ... and if they didn't
have to leave Southern California to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used
to run the country and did a poor job of it, thank you very much.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't
too sure who's running the country and don't really care as long as they can
get a seat on the train.

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who
is running the country as long as they do something really scandalous,
preferably while intoxicated.

9. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running
another country, but need the baseball scores.

10. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who
aren't sure if there is a country or that anyone is running it; but if so,
they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the
leaders are handicapped, minority, feminist, atheist dwarfs who also happen
to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy, provided of course,
that they are not Republicans.

11. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line
at the grocery store.

12. The Seattle Times is read by people who have recently
caught a fish and need something to wrap it in.

8 comments:

magda said...

Hahaaaa Sylvia,
You have wonterful humour !!!
Many greetings

George said...

I don't read any of those papers. What does that say about me? Okay, I do read USA Today when we travel.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Funny -- but .... We used to hardly be able to stand a day when we couldn't find a newspaper (NOT counting USA today) even when we traveled -- we always went out to find a paper in the morning. But I am afraid that they aren't going to around much longer; nobody much advertises in them any more. We can do without them (although we do still subscribe when we're in one place for a while)...but with Internet, we already know most of what's in it. Our grandkids gen. will never buy one!

And didn't Seattle's paper already go to Internet only? Hard to wrap fish in THAT!

Sally in WA said...

Funny ones, Sylvia!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You are making me laugh Sylvia. Especially the last line.

I love your new header. Casa Sylvia would be a great name for another blog (please don't start another one, I get so confused when people start creating different blogs.)

SandyCarlson said...

You have me laughing, my friend. I enjoyed this. My liberal heart is lifted.

Teamgsquare said...

Nice humor

Splendid Little Stars said...

The Cincinnati Enquirer is read by people who want a little mindless entertainment and/or enjoy reading about the in-squabbling of the ineffective city council.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time