I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The New Husband and Wife Stores!


 The Husband Store

A store that sells new husbands has opened in Manchester, just off Deansgate where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.
'That's
nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'


So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework...

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'
Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads
:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.


She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:


Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor.. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.


PLEASE NOTE:
To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street with the same rules.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and like beer

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.

12 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You hit the nail on the head Sylvia.

Reader Wil said...

Ha,ha...!! That's a very great truth! Thanks Sylvia!

Jillien said...

this is too funny... i kept thinking "what more could one ask for!" so i'm not surprised to see that there were no men left on the last floor.

Great joke. thanks for sharing :)

penny said...

So funny but also so true for many females and males alike. Thanks for the chuckle Sylvia.

Have a wonderful evening.
Be well and and happy,
Pam i am :)

Karen said...

Yep!!! LOL

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Ha! Good one, Sylvia. Always great to be able to start the day with a laugh.
I hope you are well and are enjoying your week!

Jack said...

Ummmm, Sylvia, do you have the address of that wives store?

George said...

This is priceless -- both stores!

Linda Reeder said...

Ha! This may be a broad generalization, but there's truth in there!

Teamgsquare said...

Ha ha ha ....... Simply awesome . Love your header .

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I LOL, I read it before.

Zenserly said...

I can not stop laughing here....this is so true...haha, men oh well are easier to please...I would have stopped at floor number four though hahahaha, you just gave me my full dose of blog walking happiness for the day... thank you...

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time