I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Do Believe That Proofreading is a Dying Art!!



 What do you think???

Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughter 
I was told that some guy called the Editorial Room and asked who wrote this.  It took two or three readings before the editor realized that what he was reading was impossible!!!  They put in a correction the next day.    


Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says 
      Really? Ya think? 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers  
       Now that's taking things a bit far! 

  ----------------------------------------------------------- 
Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over  
       What a guy!   
---------------------------------------------------------------  

Miners Refuse to Work after Death 
No-good-for-nothing' lazy so-and-so's! 
------------------------------------------------------  

Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant  
See if that works any better than a fair trial! 
  ---------------------------------------------------------- 

War Dims Hope for Peace  
I can see where it might have that effect! 
---------------------------------------------------------------- 

 If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile 
   Ya think?! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------  

Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures  
      Who would have thought! 
---------------------------------------------------------------- 

Enfield ( London ) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide   
They may be on to something! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges  
      You mean there's something stronger than duct tape? 
  ---------------------------------------------------------- 

Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge  
     He probably IS the battery charge! 
----------------------------------------------  

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group  
Weren't they fat enough?! 
-----------------------------------------------   

Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft  
That's what he gets for eating those beans! 
 ---------------- ---------------------------------  

Kids Make Nutritious Snacks  
       Do they taste like chicken?
**************************************** 

   Local  High School Dropouts Cut in Half  
       Chainsaw Massacre all over again! 
*************************************************** 

Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors  
       Boy, are they tall! 
 *******************************************  

And the winner is....  
Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead  
  
     Did I read that right? 
*************************************************** 
  
  

16 comments:

This is Belgium said...

that is really something ! what has the world come to, dying art indeed !

Betty Manousos said...

thanks for the giggles!

too funny!

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

From the mom - I just had to stop and comment on this – this a HUGE pet peeve of mine. My sister has a degree in English and works as a teacher. I work at a hospital as a medical record analyst - that in itself should explain my pet peeve. It is my JOB to catch errors and I have seen some doozies! Medical documentation is suppose to be clear, concise and at least make sense – one never knows when a medical record might be subpoenaed (ok, I used spell-check for this but at least I checked it) for court. Then there are the mistakes you see in newspapers and television (I have a really hard time when news shows make these mistakes). Isn't that what editors are suppose to do. It is just another example of quantity over quality - just do what you can in the fastest time and to h@!! with what it looks or reads like.
Kim

George said...

I love these. Thanks for the smiles.

penny said...

Help wanted: someone who can read what the type :)
Have a great day, Sylvia.

Unknown said...

Hilarious.
Thank you Sylvia for making my evening.
Costas

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Brightening up my day on this hot afternoon.

Pat Tillett said...

Those are funny! You are right, the problem is pretty pathetic and very widespread these days.

EG CameraGirl said...

Hahaha! You find the funniest stuff to share with your readers!!

Dianne said...

did Rupert Murdoch write these himself? ;)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Jay Leno used to (maybe still does) these crazy things at times.. TOO FUNNY.... Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

lotusleaf said...

A hilarious read! Thanks, Sylvia.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

LOL. There are around me on the train as I am commuting to work wondering why I am chuckling over my iPad, Sylvia. It's good to start the day with a laugh, thank you.

forgetmenot said...

Oh my gosh, Sylvia, these are so funny. I always love "Headlines" on Jay Leno's show. If only people would read a little more carefully, but then we wouldn't have these great headlines to laugh at. Mickie :)

Cezar and Léia said...

Unbelievable...
God bless you!
Cezar

PerthDailyPhoto said...

haha! there's some classics there Sylvia. I needed tha laugh after feeling so ughy!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time