I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Happiness is Cool Temps -- At Least Here in Seattle!

I'm taking a brief break from Weekend Reflections and Shadow Shot Sunday this weekend, the heat is getting to me!! So, I leave you with some beauty from cooler days and some good thoughts -- regardless of the weather!! Hope you all have wonderful day! And, hopefully, tomorrow will be a better or at least a cooler day!!
Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you're being miserable.
Clare Boothe Luce

Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
Albert Schweitzer

The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.
Benjamin Franklin


A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.
Bette Davis

13 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love all these shots from the tulip festival Sylvia such a wonderful sight en masse! I see you have become even more famous since I've been away sick...'the Kirkwood Maneuver'!!!I looooove it and if it saves more bulls from being spiked even better hahaha!!

TexWisGirl said...

try to stay cool!

Liz said...

Beautiful skies and great quotes as alwats!! That second shot is stunning!! And the flowers so beautiful & colourful.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful flowers! And I love your new header. How apropos!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colour in these shots. Hope you get some cool breezes and soon.

James said...

I hope you are able to keep cool.

Thanks for these beautiful shots.
Its actually cooling down a bit here. Today is only 95 degrees and this weekend it's going to be 89F. It's been over a month since high temps have dropped below 100F. Thankfully I have a good air conditioner.

Have good weekend!

Rune Eide said...

I adore that mountain in such a light!

Pat Tillett said...

All three of them are VERY good, but I LOVE the colors and flowers in the first and last photo. BEAUTIFUL!

Sérgio Pontes said...

Your photos are very nice :)

Regards

cieldequimper said...

Lol, I know you aren't in Spain...

Ahhhhh, my gorgeous Mount. Sorry but I have eyes for nothing else!

Oman said...

the kirkwood maneouver is witty :), who would charge with a smile like that haha.

my country and spain have so much history together but i can only dream of going there. your pics howver transports me there. viva senora and buenos noches.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Ah a look back to a perfect Washington spring! It's been hot here on the Lake the last couple of days (today was better). In our little tin house, we have to turn AC on (I hate to do that, but no choice).

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely! There is something so happy and uplifting about Spring flowering bulbs!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time