I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This Train




At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel on our side. However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone.

As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of our life.  Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats.

This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.

The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.

I wish you a joyful journey on the train of life. Reap success and give lots of love. Be thankful for the journey. And, thank you for being one of the passengers on my train.

7 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Glad to share the carriage with you Sylvia!!! YAM xx

Jack said...

Your commentary today is very thoughtful and thought-provoking, Sylvia.

TexWisGirl said...

i like this very much.

Penelope Notes said...

I enjoyed this beautifully written piece about life and hope we all are in for a very long ride.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

It has been amazing how many people have stepped on and off my train. Great post Sylvia.

Lowell said...

This is a nice metaphor. If only we could realize there are no "races," but we're all one human race, it would help.

And, then, of course, there have been times when my life became a train wreck! :)

Have a super day, my friend!

Lois said...

What a wonderful way to look at life. Thanks for sharing Sylvia!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time