I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Help Save Lives

The following quote is from my friend, Maithri of The Soaring Impulse.
It is a beautiful story of a heroic little Japanese girl.

"In the name of Sadako Sasaki I would like to ask that everyone reading these words change their internet homepage to the following website:

http://www.thehungersite.com/

I am not affiliated with the 'hungersite' in any way, but each time you click, a bowl of rice is given to someone without food. At no charge to you."

Even if you just put the hungersite in your list of favorites and make a point of going there each day, and clicking, you can make such a difference! It's something we can all do without any cost to us which I know is a big consideration during these times when money is so tight, but there is so much good we can do in this world if we are willing to just take a few moments.

I hope you will join me.

8 comments:

bobbie said...

The Hunger Site is so important!

Margie's Musings said...

Great Idea! I will put it o my favorites.

Peggy said...

Sylvia;

thank you for pointing out ways that we can make a differenc One bowl of rice at a time. Consider it done
i remember that old saying about that rubber tree plant, but I just changed it a little..."oops there goes another bowl of rice" Cha Ching

Darlene said...

I will most certainly click on it every day. No one should go hungry.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this, Sylvia!

Darlene said...

Sylvia, I just clicked on the Hunger Site and they have a daily reminder. For people like me who suffer from short term memory loss, it's a great reminder to give another bowl of rice.

Dianne said...

I go there every morning - it's part of my boot up the computer routine

and it is linked to the animal resuce site and a few others

so simple to do

thanks so much for reminding us

linda said...

Sylvia, thanks for spreading the word. i have clicked once a day for the hungry and the animals for a couple of years now. They also have nice ecards you can send inviting others to click. I have also purchased from their online store and given the gift of food for the hungry to honor birthdays.

Peace be with you~

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time