I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.
Kahlil Gibran

Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.
Kahlil Gibran

Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.
Anais Nin

Do not seek the because - in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions.
Anais Nin


A tulip tree that will be even more beautiful against a blue sky -- if and when we get one before the blossoms die. Click on it to embiggen. It will take your breath away!

14 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

beautiful tulip tree-don't remember ever seeing one before. good thoughts on faith

Anonymous said...

I think we are supposed to have blue skies on Wednesday Sylvia, so your camera and your tulip tree should be happy for a photo shoot.

To truly know and accept what is without reason, this too can be described as Love. It is a GOoD feeling.

chrome3d said...

It´s true, when those blossoms fill the screen, it fills a lot more inside me too.

nsiyer said...

Tulips are my favourite. Again, Khalil Gibran is fantastic.

Reader Wil said...

Wonderful quotes, Sylvia! And lovely photos! Thanks for your visit.

david mcmahon said...

Is that a magnolia tree, Sylvia? It's spectacular ....

Ruth said...

I like the quote about anxiety as it is so true. Beautiful tulip tree. Ours will bloom in a couple of weeks, but they are done so quickly!

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Sylvia,

I've never seen a tulip tree before...it's beautiful!

U

The Retired One said...

That tree is magnificent!! I could almost smell it!

The Retirement Chronicles

Deborah Godin said...

Oh you're so right - clicking on it makes me feel like I'm right there standing in the middle of it - heaven!

magiceye said...

wonderful quotes and brilliant pictures!

Michael Horvath said...

I read and re-read all four quotes - great stuff.

maryt/theteach said...

That tulip tree sure looks like my magnolia, Sylvia! Beautiful shot for My World Tuesday! Thanks for sharing! :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Very beautiful, Sylvia!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time