I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty



The world will never starve for wonder, but only for want of wonder.
G.K. Chesterson



A little bit of love can be like sunshine after rain and cause someone to realize that the life is not in vain.



The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you . . . you can feel it.
Ted Trueblood



Flowers are like human beings . . . they thrive on a little kindness.
Fred Streeter



After a thundershower, the weather takes a pledge and signs it with a rainbow.
Thomas Bailey Aldrich

7 comments:

Lew said...

Beautiful shots of nature and inspiring quotes!

Great Grandma Lin said...

love the lilac photo-could almost smell the blossoms

kRiZcPEc said...

Agree with Lew: Beautiful shots of nature and inspiring quotes!

Linda Reeder said...

Ah, yes, those May flowers we were promised have arrived!

Indrani said...

The last shot is a winner. :)
The quotes are inspiring, thanks!

Darlene said...

Stunning photos, Sylvia. I love the blossoms on the tree (is it an apple tree?) and that rainbow is a great shot.

TropiGal said...

Thanks Sylvia. I really needed the uplifting words and photos, as well as the playful moments of the shadow shots. Good stuff.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time