I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Laugh for a Sunday Evening

The priest decided to do something a little different one Sunday morning.
He said, 'Today, in church, I am going to say a single word and you are going to
help me preach. Whatever single word I say, I want you to sing whatever hymn that
comes to your mind -- then the pastor shouted out 'CROSS.'

Immediately the congregation started singing in unison, 'THE OLD RUGGED CROSS.'
The pastor hollered out 'GRACE.' The congregation began to sing 'AMAZING GRACE, how sweet the sound.'
The pastor said 'POWER.' The congregation sang 'THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD.'

The Pastor said 'SEX' The congregation fell into total silence.
Everyone was in shock. They all nervously began to look around at each other afraid to say anything.

Then all of a sudden, way from in the back of the church,a little old 87 year old grandmother stood up and began to sing 'MEMORIES.'



Laugh...
It burns calories

6 comments:

skywind said...

great! very funny. lol
Health information & Humor & Fun World

Kay said...

LOVED it! Hilarious!

Susan at Stony River said...

ROFL
Oh please God let me make it to 87 and be JUST like her!! I loved it!

Deborah Godin said...

I burned a lot of calories over this one!!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

--Laugh, it burns calorie:, the joke was funny too!

Roshni said...

teehehehehe!!! Good one, grandma!!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time