I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Help for Flood Victims in India

I found the following information on the blogsite of my dear friend, Sujatha, at http://blogpourri.blogspot.com/. If you feel you can help in any way, please do. There are so many who are homeless and in need.

Donating Toward Flood Relief in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
Following a prolonged period of drought, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh have been ravaged by floods triggered by torrential rain over the past few days. Around 250 people have died and about 2.5 million have been rendered homeless.

Mallika, who reads Blogpourri and often leaves some lovely and thoughtful comments, suggested putting up some information - for those interesting in helping - about aid organizations accepting donations toward flood relief and she provided the following details.

If you live in the United States and would like to help, you can donate online at http://www.aidindia.org/.

If you live in Bangalore (donations could be in cash or in the form of items such as groceries, blankets, medicine), these organizations and contact numbers may be useful:


http://www.sochara.org/

http://www.headstreams.org/


Specifically, the contacts are:

1. Community Health Cell, 85/2, Ist Main, Maruthi Nagara, Madiwala, Bengaluru – 560068 (Contact Persons: Pushpa 9449070223)

2. Janarogya Andolana Karnataka C/o CHC, Madiwala (Contact: Obalesh - 9740524128)


3. Headstreams (contact: Naveen Thomas 9342858056, 080-25200318)

4. Association for India’s Development (AID India) (Contact: Guru – 9845294184; Prasanna – 9916937280

As with all things internet-based, please verify the information and proceed only if you are absolutely comfortable doing so.

6 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Thank you so much for these links!

Kay said...

There's so much suffering in this world right now. People in Hawaii are trying to aid those in Samoa and the Philippines right now. I really feel for them.

bobbie said...

How fortunate we are in our part of the world!

Sujatha Bagal said...

Thank you so much for putting this up, Sylvia.

Christella D. Moody said...

Thanks for the information.

prashant said...

People in Hawaii are trying to aid those in Samoa and the Philippines right now. I really feel for them.
Work From Home

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time