I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



After God created the world, He made man and woman. Then, to keep the whole thing from collapsing, He invented humor. ~Bill Kelly, "Mordillo"



Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting. ~Edmund Burke



Never be afraid to sit awhile and think. ~Lorraine Hansberry, A Raisin in the Sun



No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson



Every survival kit should include a sense of humor. ~Author Unknown



Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious. ~Peter Ustinov

6 comments:

Janie said...

I like the idea of humor in the survival kit. Yes, it's so necessary. Great photos and quotes.

Anonymous said...

Humor certainly keeps the world from over tightening where it could possibly snap in two.

Reading does sound like eating.

Never be afraid not to think. I used to think that if my mind slowed down and stopped, then I would cease to exist. Instead, I just ended up seeing my self as if for the very first time.

Martha Z said...

I think I needed these particular quotes tonight.

i said...

LOL! Thanks for the smile!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quotes and pictures my friend. I'm so glad I started following you. :) It's so refreshing :)

bobbie said...

some really great quotes here, and gorgeous pictures.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time