I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



You have freedom when you're easy in your harness. ~Robert Frost



Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown



A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit



A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse



Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis



A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
~Irish Blessing

12 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

Love that first quote!

clairz said...

Hi, Sylvia, and Happy December! Thank you for this wonderful post, as always.

abb said...

I'd just love to be remembered for one amazing, remarkable quote. How do those folks do that???
Neat post as always!

Loran said...

I love the Irish Blessing and all the wonderful friendship quotes, not to mention the pictures. Hmm, I think I like it ALL.

dianasfaria.com said...

Thanks for the uplifting thoughts and photos Sylvia.
& moonbeams are aplenty with our beautiful full moon out our windows too!

Unknown said...

I very much enjoy your photos and quotes!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo series, Sylvia - and great quotes to go with them. Always a treat visiting your blog...

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Another great start to my day.

penny said...

Delightful thoughts, Sylvia. Some of which I have not read before.
Thank you for passing the beauty of your photos along.

chrome3d said...

The irish blessing was the one for me today. It had it all.

storyteller said...

Such BEAUTIFUL views and wonderful quotes ... hard to choose a favorite!
Hugs and blessings,
Sacred Ruminations

Inday said...

On top of the beautiful skies, I love Lois Wyse's words.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time