I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Attributed to Howard Thurman



The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of. ~Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 1670



In my friend, I find a second self. ~Isabel Norton



If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi



Are we not like two volumes of one book? ~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

9 comments:

abb said...

Your photos and the words you choose to go with them are always spot-on - and beautiful.

Unknown said...

Lovely photos Sylvia. Beautiful waterfall.

dianasfaria.com said...

Love Love Love that first quote Sylvia!

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Ahhhhh...everything is so wonderful...mesmerizing. Love all the quotations and photos.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

We could use those blossoms right about now!! The quotes help too!

Jan
GDP

bobbie said...

So lovely.

christopher said...

Every week you pick excellent quotes...and often they are ones that I had not heard before.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Sylvia, I passed on an award to you today. I see on your sidebar that somebody else passed it on to already. Oh well, now is x2.

Bettey said...

Your pictures today make me long of spring! Its just around the corner! Have a good rest of the week :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time