I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Hugging has no unpleasant side effects and is all natural. There are no batteries to replace, it's inflation-proof and non-fattening with no monthly payments. It's non-taxable, non-polluting, and is, of course, fully refundable. ~Author Unknown



Forget love - I'd rather fall in chocolate! ~Sandra J. Dykes



Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. ~Peter Ustinov

This photo was taken by a good friend of mine in Portland in their garden. I wish I were as good a photographer!!!

A hug is two hearts wrapped in arms. ~Author Unknown



Daffodils,
That come before the swallow dares, and take
The winds of March with beauty.
- William Shakespeare



Love is, above all, the gift of oneself. ~Jean Anouilh

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patricks dayy dear sweet friend. Hope you had a great day. Beautiful butterfly photo. Just wonderful. And the quotes are great.

Cloudia said...

Glad I fianlly came to this wonderful blog, Sylvia



Aloha from Hawaii

Comfort Spiral

Unknown said...

Beautiful Photographs once again Sylvia.

Kay said...

I especially love the crocuses and butterfly! Happy St. Patrick's Day, Sylvia!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

yes, I love chocolate too, and a bunch of your daffodil will be nice.

bobbie said...

You've outdone yourself with this one. Beautiful.

Kay said...

As a friend said the other day "Hugs are Free!" I am beginning to notice a trend here... love this!

Nessa said...

Happy daffodils and beautiful sunsets.

T 13 - Magical Creatures

kRiZcPEc said...

Have a great weekend, Sylvia. Though I am commenting, I still reader your blog updates in my google reader. :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time