I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty and Gratitude!

I can't begin to tell all of your how much I appreciated the outpouring of support for Adam and I! What wonderful, supportive friends you are! He's doing great! Went back to work and this weekend he's checking out a piece of property he hopes to purchase in Eastern Washington. It was a tough few days, but they (doctors) seem to have gotten the problem under control. My love and gratitude to each of you. Have a great weekend!



Photograph: a picture painted by the sun without instruction in art. ~Ambrose Bierce



Madame Earth,
coming out
of a wet
and cold winter.
Bare bone branches
and white outfits
sometimes
dripping
with joy
on sighting
a weak winter Sun.

Then,
Seasonal departures
of the
Cold and Bare;
and
she enjoys the
arrival of
a time of birth,
Spring.

Bursting high
into blossom,
greening
the Bare,
High Kicks
from Madam Earth
in her pink and green
Head costume,
celebrating
Folies Bergere
beneath an audience
of wispy clouds
applauding
in a Blue Sky....
Posted by Ugich Konitari to Sylvia From Over The Hill at March 5, 2010 7:36 PM

A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. ~Eudora Welty



There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~Ansel Adams



The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin



Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov



Easy reading is damn hard writing. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

14 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

This evening's wisdom is giving me a lot to think about. I appreciate the ones about writing. And I wonder what Ansel Adams would think about how easy it is for anybody and everybody (even me) to take lots of pictures nowdays.

Ugich Konitari said...

(The second .)

Madame Earth,
coming out
of a wet
and cold winter.
Bare bone branches
and white outfits
sometimes
dripping
with joy
on sighting
a weak winter Sun.

Then,
Seasonal departures
of the
Cold and Bare;
and
she enjoys the
arrival of
a time of birth,
Spring.

Bursting high
into blossom,
greening
the Bare,
High Kicks
from Madam Earth
in her pink and green
Head costume,
celebrating
Folies Bergere
beneath an audience
of wispy clouds
applauding
in a Blue Sky....

Linda Reeder said...

Aren't you just loving the pink plum trees? Another wonder poem.

dianasfaria.com said...

I especially like the Hawthorne quote & the picture above it!

Kay said...

Magnificent photos, Sylvia! They seem to show your happiness and relief that your son is recovering and doing well. Thank goodness!

H.S.N PHOTOGRAPHY said...

wow very nice photos!
your shots are always wonderful.
lets make it more excellent!!!

Gattina said...

The photos are beautiful as always and the quotes too, but I must have missed something I didn't know that Adam (is that your husband) was sick. You must be relieved that he is better now !

Lew said...

I'm glad Adam is doing well! Gorgeous images and thoughts! I really like the last one.

duopastorale said...

Beautiful! The pink blooms give me Spring hope :)

jabblog said...

Very good to learn that Adam is doing well now and that the doctors are on top of the problem.
You have blossom on your trees! Wow!

George said...

I'm glad to hear that Adam is doing well. Thanks for so many beautiful pictures (it's impossible for me to single out a favorite) and the words of wisdom.

happily retired gal said...

Beautiful skies and inspiring quotes ... I especially like the cloud shot above the Ansel Adams quote. Glad your son is doing better ... sorry I wasn't around to offer support. It's been a busy and technologically challenging week but I'm doing my best to catch up today.
Hugs and blessings,
Sacred Ruminations

toby said...

I'm glad to hear that he's doing well. Gorgeous photos as always - I especially like the flowering tree! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

A lovely series of photos, as always. and I love the posts on either side of it as well.

Glad to hear Adam is better.

Now excuse me while I go send the "old broads" story to all my girlfriends.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time