I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. -- Eleanor Roosevelt



An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
-- Gandhi



Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head. -- Garrison Keillor



Buy land. They've stopped making it.
-- Mark Twain



By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have to remember it.
-- George Burns



Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-- Mark Twain



Consider the postage stamp, my son. It secures success through its ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.
-- Josh Billings

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photographs and great quotes again Sylvia.
Costas

magiceye said...

loved them all

Anonymous said...

Wonderful my friend. These are all just perfect. Have a great weekend :)

SandyCarlson said...

All of that, yes. I enjoyed and needed all of that. And I am grateful to you for holding up America's Grandpa--Mark Twain--tonight. Because his words brought me home. Thanks.

Unknown said...

wow, an amazing collection of fabulous photos! beautiful quotes, too.

Snowbrush said...

Beautiful photos, Sylvia, and I especially enjoyed the Twain quote about clothes.

George said...

You've shared some amazingly beautiful photos with us. I really like your two photos of the sunset. I like the quotes as well.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful..
Happy weekend to you!

NatureFootstep said...

Sylvia, those tulips are really candy for the eyes. So beautiful :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

You gotta love Eleanor Roosevelt!
great photos and quotes!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time