I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.
-- James Dent



Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.
-- Author Unknown



Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
-- Elizabeth Stone



Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
-- Richard Bach



Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be. -- Author Unknown



Too much time away from nature and you forget that you are part of a quiet rhythm.
-- Dr. Lee Jampolsky

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. :).

Unknown said...

Great photographs and wise quotes again Sylvia.

Unknown said...

what lovely pics & quotes to go with them!
Amazing!

Pietro Brosio said...

Sylvia, your seeies "Evening wisdom and beauty" is always so fascinating! Very fine images and quotes!

christopher said...

Great quotes. One better than the next...though I think right now I feel a closer bond to the one by James Dent.

Kristin said...

Those are some lovely clouds and in a skies. Great quotes by various authors too. Love the second picture the most. :-)

Anonymous said...

On my way to your ABC Wednesday post I got sidetracked with this one. Lovely quotes and photos and perfect to read as I begin my day.

Tania said...

Beautiful post and so are your pictures!:-)
Have a blessed evening!

bobbie said...

Beautiful as always, Sylvia. Both words and pictures.

Euroangel said...

more wonderful photos here!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time