I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earth Hour ! Your Opportunity to Call Attention to Climate Change!



 Since 2007, one day a year has marked Earth Hour, during which folks across the globe shut off the lights and unplug for an hour to draw attention to energy overuse and climate change. 

This year, the Empire State Building, the London Eye, the Eiffel Tower, and Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe will all go dark for Earth Hour, according to the event's.
 This year's event is now upon us: Earth Hour 2011 is tonight at 8:30 p.m. (local time).

5 comments:

Christine said...

Thank you so much for this reminder Sylvia. Although we are very energy conscious here at Raven Ridge, lights out at 8:30 is a good reminder to be more mindful. Plus, I love candle light. Regarding climate change, I think we gardeners, outdoor photographers, and bloggers know more about that on a daily basis than the everyday citizen. I have seen the effects of climate change in my own region, from the dearth of frogs to the longer and longer periods of rainfall. It is on us now.

Hey Harriet said...

Yay for Earth Hour! We all switched our lights off last night (being a little ahead of you guys). It's great so many people embrace this event. Even many restaurants over here join in and have their diners eat by candle light :)

Pietro Brosio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pietro Brosio said...

Hi Sylvia! We've had the Earth Hour last evening at 20.30. And this morning we have the time changed too (one hour forward).
Happy Sunday!

magda said...

Hi Sylvia
We must see the land, the lights went out yesterday ...
Many greetings

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time