I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Government Job Hours

 A guy goes to the post office to apply for a job.
The interviewer asks him, "Are you allergic to anything?"
He replies, "Yes, caffeine. I can't drink coffee."
"Ok, Have you ever been in the military service?"
"Yes," he says, "I was in Iraq for one tour."
The interviewer says, "That will give you 5 extra points toward employment." 
Then he asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"
The guy says, "Yes. A bomb exploded near me and I lost both my testicles."

The interviewer grimaces and then says, "Okay. You've got enough points for me to hire you right now. Our normal hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. You can start tomorrow at 10:00 am, and plan on starting at 10:00 am every day."
The guy is puzzled and asks, "If the work hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 PM, why don't you want me here until 10:00 am?"
"This is a government job", the interviewer says. 
"For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that."
                    

                      Awww...so true

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is great. I'm stealing it.

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, now, that's a bit harsh. Looks like all the "non-essential" US Government workers might be scratching at home soon, if the US House of Rep. shuts down the government.

Leovi said...

JAJAJA, very good joke, surely also applies to the Spanish government

Wanda said...

Hey Sylvia ~~ Wasn't expecting the "punch" line. HaHaHa

Started at the bottom of the ABC Participants and just working my way up!!

Have a great day.

Margie's Musings said...

That is so funny! Actually, I hope it isn't true.

George said...

I suspect this may be true, but it's funny nonetheless.

Teamgsquare said...

Ha Ha , nice one .

Bagman and Butler said...

I laughed so hard that my coffee came out my nose. Fortunately just my coffee.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow... did not see this one coming... LOL

Di

Serline said...

Typical US government office, but in its Singapore counterpart, people would be working till 8pm... OK, OK, as soon as the boss leaves, the "hardworking" folks rush out to buy dinner and pig out in the conference room, watch TV and exchange gossip. Why? Free air-conditioning, free TV, free drinks and looking good in front of the boss... why not?

Inger-M said...

LOL, really funny! :-)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time