I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mathematics -- Try These Numbers!!


This comes from 2 math teachers with a combined total of 70 yrs. experience.
It has an indisputable mathematical logic. It also made me Laugh Out Loud.
This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint..it goes like this:


What Makes 100%?

What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

How about achieving 103%?

What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then
:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 =
98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 =
96%
But ,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 =
100%   
And,
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 =
103%
AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.
 
A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 =
118%  
So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, its the Bullshit and Ass Kissing that will put you over the top.
Now you know why some people are where they are!

10 comments:

VaishVijay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VaishVijay said...

LOL!!! WONDERFUL CALCULATION:) Jokes apart, the sad reality is that 103% & 118% 'achievers' are most often rewarded...

jlshall said...

This is so funny and so true! I'll have to pass this on to my husband - he's a former English professor who also worked with the federal government, and I'm sure he'll be able to identify with this 1000%!

Have a great Wednesday!
~ Joy @Joysweb

Unknown said...

It is so true Sylvia...
And it is mathematically proven.
Have a great day.
Costas

alfonso said...


· Fantastic. LOL.

· regards

CR & LMA
________________________________
·

magda said...

Very clever and...really !!!!
Thank you Sylvia !!!
Have a good day

Pat said...

LOL! I've seen this before, but it still makes me laugh. Thanks for the chuckle, Sylvia. Since both my husband and I are retired math teachers, it always amuses/frutstrates us when we hear things like, "He gave 110%."

And we have the same reaction when the head of the California State Department of Education says things like, "We want all our students to be above the 50th percentile."

George said...

I've had my suspicions for many years, but now you've offered mathematical proof. Thanks for the wisdom -- and the chuckles.

Pat said...

Oops, that's frustrates, not frutstrates!

Oh, and also, the quote was actually, "We want all our students to be above the 50th percentile."

Bagman and Butler said...

Aha! Now my entire mediocre career makes sense and I am more proud of it. I'll have to see if I can come up with some other words....

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time