I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Fall Skies

One glowing sunset!
The walker on the beach at sunset is one of those once in a lifetime shots.














It seems the clouds, the colors on any given day change minute by minute. You could stand on our deck and take a photo every five minutes and each one would be different. It never ceases to amaze me.



These days the sun peeks through the clouds now and then and we get some wild looking skies. The winds have pretty much stripped the trees of the colorful fall garb, so for now these are about all there is to photograph. I have to admit though, I never tire of the continually changing clouds and colors and patterns as they move across the sky.
I always thought it would be wonderful to be able to paint beautiful pictures of scenes like these, but painting or drawing are most definitely not among my limited talents. Still, the camera has offered me the opportunity to create in another way.




Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kay said...

I love every one of your beautiful, gorgeous skies!

Lilly said...

I wonder if you know how talented you are - truly those pictures are extraordinary. Do you ever print them and get them enlarged? I love both the beach at sunset and the sky. The beach is the best though -heading there in a week and a half. I hope to get photos half as good as yours. Have a great week.

bobbie said...

Sylvia, you don't need a pain brush. These are extraordinary. You have been blessed with fantastic photo opportunities, and you have made the most of them. Lilly is right. You have great talent.

Anonymous said...

You certainly do have a wonderful spot to view your world from. And that walker on the beach - perfect. Very inspirational just to look at it. You paint with camera and words!

Great Grandma Lin said...

aren't cameras wonderful, great photos of God's paintings.

Darlene said...

Sylvia, you surpass yourself. Each photo you post is better than the last and they are all beautiful. The golden sunset is awesome and the last pic is a painting.

Rain Trueax said...

Beautiful skies. I think they have been particularly beautiful this fall where I live also. Our house doesn't easily look to the skies as it's in a valley and I have to go to a window or the deck to really see the sky, sometimes even the pasture. I love a house like yours where it's there to just see with a look out the window. Very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots. One of these days I'll catch a beach sunset. They're so beautiful. And you're right about they sky changing every 5 minutes. I think sky shots are like snowflakes. No two are exactly the same.

storyteller said...

You do have the most lovely skies where you live … all eight photographs are remarkable ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time