I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Creature in the Clouds

The weather prediction for this weekend is pretty dire -- actually started yesterday with lots of wind and rain, dark skies and a prediction of snow for the remainder of the weekend. But over the years I've come to take the weather predictions -- good or bad, with a grain of salt. However, as I was putting this post together late yesterday, the dire predictions seemed to be right on and it is truly miserable out. Still, after looking at The Cunning Runts photos and read what he had to say about his day, decided to quit whining and began looking for something nicer to focus on -- this strange creature that seemed to be riding the clouds as I took these photos a week or so ago. So, I hope each of you have a lovely weekend as we begin the countdown to the holidays. Enjoy!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Maalie said...

Some beautiful cirro-cumulus formations there!

Great Grandma Lin said...

interesting what you can see in the clouds. one of my writers wrote a free verse about images in clouds. amazing.

Margie's Musings said...

Lovely clouds! We have a lot of wind here in southeast Kansas today.

Anonymous said...

Great shots. Beautiful clouds and creatures!

bobbie said...

Interesting creature. I think it's a friendly one though.

Anonymous said...

Weather or not ... like it, hate it, it won't last and you can't do anything about it. So you might as well look for creatures in the clouds. And of course, share them with your fellow skywatchers.

Thanks for sharing with us, and stay safe and dry through the storms.

magiceye said...

lovely captures all!!
hope you are not under weather!

Sylvia K said...

Thanks, magiceye, fortunately, I'm doing well, its just the weather that sucks, but hey, it's that time of year and besides, you can always find something beautiful if you look for it! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you got stuck with such stinky weather. Love the Cloud critters, though. Keep warm over there!

Joy said...

Hope you have some good books and can be warm and cozy! Lovely photos!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time