I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Things That Feel Good





They don't have to be big things or particularly important things except in the warm feelings they bring. It never hurts to be reminded of them, regardless of what age we are.

Falling in love
Laughing so hard your face hurts
A hot shower
No lines at the supermarket
A special glance
Getting mail
Taking a drive on a pretty road
Hearing your favorite song on the radio
Lying in bed listening to the rain outside
Hot towels fresh out of the dryer
Chocolate milkshake – or vanilla or strawberry
A bubble bath
Giggling
A good conversation
The beach
Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter
Laughing at yourself
Midnight phone calls that last for hours
Running through sprinklers
Laughing for absolutely no reason at all
Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful/handsome
Laughing at an inside joke
Friends
Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you
Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep
Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner)
Making new friends or spending time with old ones
Playing with a new puppy
Having someone play with your hair
Sweet dreams
Hot chocolate
Road trips with friends
Swinging on swings
Making eye contact with a lovely/handsome stranger
Making chocolate chip cookies
Having your friends send you homemade cookies
Holding hands with someone you care about
Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change
Watching the expression on someone’s face as they open a much desired present from you
Watching a sunrise/sunset
Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day
Knowing that somebody misses you
Getting a hug from someone you care deeply about
Knowing you’ve done the right thing, no matter what other people think

9 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Thank you for reminding us that there are a lot of times we can be happy and grateful. A beautiful list of good things.

Lilly said...

I so needed to read these, thank you Sylvia. I am printing them out. They really are things that make you feel good too!!

pink dogwood said...

I love your list - we should print this and read it often and remember that happiness is all around us :)

pink dogwood said...

Also I forgot to mention that I love the pictures of the clouds in your previous post.

bobbie said...

The little things always have the most importance.

Please visit my blog after 10: today. There is an award waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the refresher course in appreciation and enjoyment!!

Great Grandma Lin said...

nice list, I would add having friends or neighbors bring you something for a treat other than sugar in cookies or cakes if you are diabetic. I had a friends yesterday bring cookies to a meeting and an apple for me...that was nice.

Kay said...

The little things in life are definitely worth appreciating and taking note of.

Anonymous said...

That's a great list, Sylvia. The older I get, the more importance the little things have.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time