I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty


According to the true Indian view, our consciousness of the world, merely as the sum total of things that exist, and as governed by laws, is imperfect. But it is perfect when our consciousness realizes all things as spiritually one with it, and therefore capable of giving us joy. For us the highest purpose of this world is not merely living in it, knowing it and making use of it, but realizing our own selves in it through expansion of sympathy; not alienating ourselves from it and dominating it, but comprehending and uniting it with ourselves in perfect union. Tagore
/\Namaste
The real joy and wonder for me in doing these posts every evening is like switching on that light bulb in the dark corner of my mind; pouring light into spaces I have never wandered. Whether out of fear or ignorance those dark places have been there, but I'm slowly, surely beginning to shine that light on them and they are disappearing. It's an awesome experience!

Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.
Tagore
And creating that capacity is the secret to finding happiness, fulfillment, love, joy, sometimes when we least expect it. It does require ridding ourselves of fear and opening ourselves, our hearts so we can create the capacity to receive everything.

Facts are many, but the truth is one. Tagore
It's far too easy to get mired in facts and allowing the truth to slip away.

3 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

I'm glad you are finding joy and peace in this work, Sylvia.

Peggy said...

Sylvia;

I'm so glad that the light is shining brighter for you... because you light up my world everytime I visit!

Joy said...

What beautiful, inspiring writing!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time