I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why Men Don't Write Advice Columns

Walter Barnes, was recently employed as the only male, at a renowned Boston newspaper, to write and to provide advice in the "Letters From The Lovelorn" section of the paper. The following is an example of his conscientious effort to sincerely provide the most applicable guidance possible.

Dear Walter,
I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor's daughter. I am 41, my husband is 44, and the neighbor's daughter is 26.

We have been married for ten years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore. Can you please help?
Sincerely,
Sheila


Dear Sheila:
I sure can. A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solve the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.
I hope this helps.
Walter

I think that about covers it.

8 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

It's 100% believable---it sounds like a response my husband would give!! Thanks for the Valentine's laugh!

Peggy said...

How true to the species of men! Very logical!
Happy Valentine's Day to you too Sylvia

A Scattering said...

hysterical, I love it!

bobbie said...

That about covers it alright. LOL

Have a happy!

Lilly said...

Yep I think that is exactly what males would say -lol - too funny. If only we could ignore things in the same way they do...

Margie's Musings said...

Somehow, I just don't think Walter is going to work out giving advice to the lovelorn.

Frankie Anon said...

Sounds like the Car Talk guys school of advice! (Maybe they would use this on their show!)

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh ... that's so funny! Just what I needed right now.
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time