I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, March 13, 2009

A Tea Bag

What a wonderful idea, I just wish it had been mine. I have a feeling that USPS is going to have a hell of a lot of tea to contend with, after all it only costs 42 cents to send a message, hopefully heard round the world!!!

So please mark your Calendars

There's a storm a brewin'. What happens when good, responsible people keep quiet? Washington has forgotten they work for us. We don't work for them. Throwing good money after bad is NOT the answer. I am sick of the midnight, closed door sessions to come up with a plan. I am sick of Congress raking CEO's over the coals while they, themselves, have defaulted on their taxes. I am sick of the bailed out companies having lavish vacations and retreats on my dollar. I am sick of being told it is MY responsibility to rescue people that, knowingly, bought more house than they could afford. I am sick of being made to feel it is my patriotic duty to pay MORE taxes. I, like all of you, am a responsible citizen. I pay my taxes. I live on a budget and I don't ask someone else to carry the burden for poor decisions I may make. I have emailed my congressmen and senators asking them to NOT vote for the stimulus package as it was written without reading it first. No one listened. They voted for it, pork and all.

O.K. folks, here it is. You may think you are just one voice and what you think won't make a difference. Well, yes it will and YES, WE CAN!! If you are disgusted and angry with the way Washington is handling our taxes. If you are fearful of the fallout from the reckless spending of BILLIONS to bailout and "stimulate" without accountability and responsibility then we need to become ONE, LOUD VOICE THAT CAN BE HEARD FROM EVERY CITY, TOWN, SUBURB AND HOME IN AMERICA. There is a growing protest to demand that Congress, the President and his cabinet LISTEN to us, the American Citizens. What is being done in Washington is NOT the way to handle the economic free fall.

So, here's the plan. On April 1, 2009, all Americans are asked to send a TEABAG to Washington , D.C. You do not have to enclose a note or any other information unless you so desire. Just a TEABAG. Many cities are organizing protests. If you simply search, "New American Tea Party", several sites will come up. If you aren't the 'protester' type, simply make your one voice heard with a TEABAG. Your one voice will become a roar when joined with millions of others that feel the same way. Yes, something needs to be done but the lack of confidence as shown by the steady decline in the stock market speaks volumes.

This was not my idea. I visited the sites of the 'New American Tea Party' and an online survey showed over 90% of thousands said they would send the teabag on April. Why, April 1?? We want them to reach Washington by April 15. Will you do it? I will. Send it to; 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington , D.C. 20500.

Forward this to everyone in your address book. Visit the web sites for more information about the 'New American Tea Party'. I would encourage everyone to go ahead and get the envelope ready to mail, then just drop it in the mail April 1. Can't guarantee what the postage will be by then, it is going up as we speak, but have your envelope ready. What will this cost you? A little time and a 40 something cent stamp.

What could you receive in benefits? Maybe, just maybe, our elected officials will start to listen to the people. Take out the Pork. Tell us how the money is being spent. We want TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY. Remember, the money will be spent over the next 4-5 years. It is not too late.

Of course, if you agree with the way things are being done now, don't bother.

7 comments:

Ugich Konitari said...

Sylvia,

Sometimes , lots of things sent by mail like this , to protest about something, yields interesting results. Have a look at
this !!

Kay said...

Thank you for this post, Sylvia. I guess I don't know enough about all this. I agree that the pork projects need to be cut out and accountability is paramount. My mother just said that she'd heard in the Japanese news that bail out money had been used to give a million dollar bonus to some CEO. I haven't heard it in American news yet so I'm not positive. Still, it shows how important accountability is. Good for you!

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Good morning Sylvia,

Thanks for supplying information on this. It's gotten to the point where I really hate how the game of politics is played in DC. Politicians are selling and bartering their vote in a twisted "if you scratch my back, I'll scratch your's" attitude.

Let's hope the message comes through Loud and Clear to them.

U

Peggy said...

Thanks Sylvia;

I agree with everything in your post. We the people, feel helpless in our efforts to speak out. Nobody listens to one voice but they can't ignore thousands. I've been drinking a lot of tea lately, and I think that I can spare one little bag!

Darlene said...

What a great idea. I think people ought to take the time to write a letter with their tea bag telling of their personal gripes. Quite often they do get read.

Since I will be out of state April 1 I am writing my letter today, putting the tea bag in, and getting it ready to send from CA.

Darlene said...

Sylvia, I was searching for the correct way to address my letter to my representative about the Great American Tea Party and some things disturbed me so I checked with Snopes. Do not send tea bags, send instead an empty tea bag container, photo, or some other representation. Tea bags will cost an extra 20 cents to mail. After the white powder scare they will have to be screened and that will delay their delivery.

On one site people were advocating impeaching Obama and that worries me. It seems to be a very loose organization with no definite goal other than protesting Washington spending tax dollars.

The tea bag photo should probably have a letter of protest against a specific waste of tax dollars. I am afraid it now will be seen as a protest against the stimulus package.

Sylvia K said...

Darlene, I was just doing the same thing and discovering the same things and I'm just a tad annoyed with the friends who sent this to me in the first place as I trusted them not to be sending me anything questionable. I'm going to add my own comments to my post and will also post something else on it. Funny, I was just getting ready to do that when I got your email.

Sylvia

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time