I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Great Dog Story

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard one day; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well cared for. He calmly came over to me and I happily patted him on his head. He then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, so I let him out. The next day he was back, greeted me like an old friend, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour.

This continued, off and on, for several weeks. Curious, I pinned a note to his collar:
'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar:
'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'

15 comments:

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Sylvia K,

I'm still lmao with your "Albert joke". This one is funny as well.

U

Anonymous said...

Kewl story! I've heard it before, but it's wonderful each time it shows up in my life ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Michael Horvath said...

Great story Sylvia. I must live under a rock cuz they all seem new to me!

patsy said...

@good story.

Kay said...

This is so adorable and understandable.

Susan at Stony River said...

So cute! I know how the dog felt... lol

Anonymous said...

This is going to keep me smiling all day, and then some!!

Margie's Musings said...

Wonderful Story!!!

Janie said...

Cute post. It made me smile.

Latane Barton said...

How sweet of you to provide a 'nap' place for that weary doggy.

Sujatha Bagal said...

This is such a lovely, heartwarming story!

Frankie Anon said...

I must live under a rock, too, cuz they're new to me as well! I really had a friend who thought she had her own cat. It was an outdoor kitty and went out at night. She later learned it spent every night at someone else's house--they thought it was their cat! Who "owns" who I wonder?

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I just love the thought of the old dog seeking a bit of peace and quiet.

BioniKat said...

That's so cute and understandable. Once of my cats decided to do the same thing. I think he moved to a quieter house about 1 street down. I've got a lot of cats and as he's got older and more reclusive he just couldn't stand it.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Great story!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time