I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Tonight's Look at Wisdom and Beauty



Not hammer strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection.
- Rabindranath Tagore



Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
Kahlil Gibran



The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.
- Anais Nin

8 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

carpe diem

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

You are not over the hill if you can take pictures that beautiful!!!!

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Sylvia,

Breathtaking pics and inspirational words.

A great way to start the weekend.

U

Baruch said...

Great selection of photos and very impressive waterfall

June Saville said...

Tranquil Sylvia ... nice.

bobbie said...

So lovely. Both pictures and words.

Bradley Hsi said...

Beautiful waterfall and beautiful quote. You used such beautiful quote of Anais Nin.

Susan at Stony River said...

I love the image of water instead of hammers for the pebbles; it's so true, and wise to remember it---thank you Sylvia for beautiful words and photos!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time