I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Evening Wisdom, Summer, Beauty



Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time. ~John Lubbock



Do what we can, summer will have its flies. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth. ~Chinese Proverb



In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. ~Kathy Norris

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

8 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Again, I love the Chinese one :)

pink dogwood said...

"In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular." - so true

Deborah Godin said...

Some of my favorite things - high clouds, beach pebbles, white sails in the distance...

Anonymous said...

lovely quotes and even lovelier captures. enjoyed.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Those are some great quotes. This new house has way more flies and I had forgotten how irritating they are, besides filthy. All part of summer, as Emerson said.

Kay said...

I never loved rhododendrons as much as when we were in Seattle. You've got the most beautiful blooms around. Wow!

And then their are your beaches...
sigh....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful assortment ... wonderful quotes. I especially like Ashleigh Brilliant (have many of his books) and the Emerson quote about flies made me chuckle at it's simple truth!
Hugs and blessings,

sunnymama said...

I love the picture of the pebbles!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time