I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Corporate Shake-up

If you've ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts
and thinking things through, you will love this!

Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new
CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a
wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he
meant business. He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a
week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came
back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said,
"Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."

Feeling pretty good about himself, the CEO looked around the room and
asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"

From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was hilarious! I laughed aloud at this one.

Judy said...

That is so funny and sounds like some CEO's I have known in the past!

♥ Braja said...

That'll teach him :)))

George said...

I've had bosses like that! I love the story.

chrome3d said...

Now the pizza guy can afford some tuning to his Ford Ka. This really made me laugh.

Grayquill said...

I read a similar story once in a biography. Whose it was has slipped my mind - Ahhh it probably is an urban legend.

Horsoon said...

This reminds me of my boss ;)

Susan at Stony River said...

D'oh!!

ROFLMAO

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time