I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



The foliage has been losing its freshness through the month of August, and here and there a yellow leaf shows itself like the first gray hair amidst the locks of a beauty who has seen one season too many. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes



It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship
and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual
affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it
will not be created for years or even generations.
~ Khalil Gibran ~



We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.



Never say goodbye when you still want to try.
Never give up when you still feel you can take it.
Never say you don't love a person when you can't let go.
~ Dons ~



Love me for a reason, let the reason be love.

14 comments:

Susie of Arabia said...

Beautiful photos and lovely words to go with them - you are so good at putting them together.

Guy D said...

What a fantastic selection of photos, you never disappoint Sylvia.

Have a great weekend
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Anonymous said...

Your profound thoughts go well with the beautiful pictures. :)

Danton said...

Very impressive captures, as always, and beautiful words, too.

Redzlan said...

Spectacular waterfall.

Joe Todd said...

Great way for me to start my morning Thank you

lv2scpbk said...

Beautiful foliage photo and I love the woods photo. Makes you feel like your in a fairy tale forest.

Dianne said...

these quotes are especially lovely
the third photo down is amazing, other worldly

and your sky post is as beautiful as always

Lee Spangler said...

Everytime I come to your site I am urged to record the quotes. They have so muchmeaning in my life.

Tammie Lee said...

Wonderful group of photos!
Your quotes are simply inspiring. Thank you.
Spirithelpers

chrome3d said...

Your waterfalls are one reason I keep falling in love here.

penny said...

Hi Sylvia, That first photo is so impressive, I enlarged it so I could get a better view of the sail boats and the view is incredible.

Your words and photos are so peaceful and thought provoking...

Thanks for stopping by :)

Dawn said...

I had a friend that recently visited the same place, and so I now have had the joy at looking at pictures from different people from the same place. Thanks for sharing!

George said...

Beautiful thoughts and pictures. I really like your waterfall picture.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time