I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.



Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu



Give her two red roses, each with a note. The first note says 'For the woman I love' and the second, 'For my best friend.'



A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
Thoreau

12 comments:

Janie B said...

Love these thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Kay said...

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

Yes! This is definitely my FAVORITE.

penny said...

Lovely scenes and delightful thoughts for this evening, Sylvia. So now I can go to bed and dream sweet dreams :) ta,ta...

Gattina said...

Very beautiful photos and text !

Sunny said...

Beautiful thoughts and pictures.
Always a pleasure to read your postings.
Sunny :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I liked the rose quote, my husband is my best friend in the whole world.

Thanks for the inspiration, once again.
Elicabeth

Anonymous said...

That last quote is gorgeous!

manju said...

Lovely- both the pictures and the thoughts!

BTW- came over here from 'Gappa'.

Chris said...

Lovely thoughts and photos.

bobbie said...

I have to agree with Kay. the perfect quote.

George said...

What a beautiful rose and pretty waterfall.

ms toast burner said...

Lovely stuff, Sylvia.

I got all teary-eyed by one of the quotes (in a good way!). :-)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time