I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, December 25, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

First of all this evening I want to tell all of you how much I appreciate your visiting my blog and for the wonderful comments that you leave for me. The friendships I have found over the past year here online have been the very best gift of all!



Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown



A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. ~Author Unknown



New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions. ~Mark Twain



We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce



May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions. ~Joey Adams

15 comments:

Regina said...

How awesome!
Merry Christmas Sylvia.
Cheers.

kRiZcPEc said...

Wish you a happy, healthy 2010!

kRiZcPEc said...

Oh, still Xmas in your area? Merry Xmas!

Horsoon said...

These are some of the most wonderful shots I've seen... A blessed Christmas and happy holidays to you :)

Johnny Nutcase said...

really nice photos and great quotes to go along with them, happy holidays :)

Anonymous said...

You looking for a batch of cookies in the mail trying to butter us all up PhQB? LOL. I agree with you on that. I love that last photo and the quote...so very true :)

bobbie said...

"In one year and out the other" - That's about right.

The shot of the water through the tree branches is superb.

magiceye said...

superb captures!
loved mark twain's quote!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Made me smile today. I've never been much into resolutions.

Irene said...

Beautiful photos! Happy Holiday!

kenju said...

I always enjoy your photos and quotes, Sylvia!!

robin andrea said...

Beautiful pics, as always!

jlshall said...

Gorgeous shots! What a beautiful calendar they'd make. I love all those layers of blue in the photo of the sailboats. So lovely.

Happy Boxing Day!
Joysweb

Japa said...

So lovely scenes and frames, radiates that calm effect within the viewer. It's really great looking positive on the things to come this new year. When on Christmas we share love and concern to our dear ones, and on the next year we stock more of the same to share the whole year round.

Have great days ahead, always.

chrome3d said...

Yes, that is true that new year brings nothing new. Fat is still fat and the thoughts are just as stupid as before. But the hope has to live that it isn´t so.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time