I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero



God is good, but never dance in a small boat. ~Irish Saying



Back
in the days
of greening,
they'd sit back
on the lawns,
verdant with
bowers and trees,
little grasses
at their feet,
as the children played
on the banks,
amidst sprinkles of
the cold blue.

Today,
disappearing
in the Fall of life,
they sit
mutely , virtually,
amidst the
lifeless browns,
and greenless trees;

The little ones,
now grown up,
have gone away,
leaving
a redeye lake,
missing them.

But the sky
is still blue,
the clouds will
travel away,
and now,
in the winter of their lives
they hope
the spring brings back
the children,
and the green,
back into the world....

The sturdy chairs,
wait.....

Posted by Ugich Konitari to Sylvia From Over The Hill at January 10, 2010 7:54 PM

Don't find fault. Find a remedy. ~Henry Ford



Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. ~Buddha



The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.
~Author Unknown



Put your future in good hands - your own. ~Author Unknown



It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. ~Edmund Hillary

12 comments:

Kay said...

What a post, Sylvia! Every single one of these quotes spoke to me... strongly. "The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do." So true. So true. And your photos are absolutely incredible. Love them all! That mossy forest is otherworldly.

Ugich Konitari said...

Back
in the days
of greening,
they'd sit back
on the lawns,
verdant with
bowers and trees,
little grasses
at their feet,
as the children played
on the banks,
amidst sprinkles of
the cold blue.

Today,
disappearing
in the Fall of life,
they sit
mutely , virtually,
amidst the
lifeless browns,
and greenless trees;

The little ones,
now grown up,
have gone away,
leaving
a redeye lake,
missing them.

But the sky
is still blue,
the clouds will
travel away,
and now,
in the winter of their lives
they hope
the spring brings back
the children,
and the green,
back into the world....

The sturdy chairs,
wait.....

Peggy said...

Great post as usual Sylvia;

I love quotes just like you do.
They inspire me, and I can always count on you to have at least one that just jumps off the page at me
Just like this one did...Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. :)

magiceye said...

gorgeous images and excellent thought provoking quotes

Linda Reeder said...

So MUCH wisdom here tonight. And once again I find myself reacting much as Kay did.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

The quotations are thought provoking and your photos are mesmerizing, as always.

Visiting your blog is simply activating our senses. Technically, all lobes of my brain are working.

Have a great day Slyvia.

Anonymous said...

That last second to the last and last one are my favorites and that last two quotes are the bomb!!! How you do this is beyond me but I love them :) Well done my friend :)

bobbie said...

Gorgeous photos!

"Never dance in a small boat"! that one cracks me up

Sara Chapman said...

Beautiful, beautiful photographs. Love the sunset ones. I'm a sucker for a pink sky.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Every pic and every quote gave me pause, I adore lighthouses and loved that shot. Since I'm Irish, I appreciated the advice about never dancing in a small boat. ;-)

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

Lovely photos,as I was lo0king with all the ph0tos I can't help but dream to be in this place and forget all the w0rries im facing n0w. And thanks for the beautiful quotes it m0ved me a lot. Have a nice day sylvia.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Sylvia. You surpass yourself every day. Thank you! I linked to your blog in my latest post where I borrowed the quote from Affair to Remember" from a few days ago. (Not that I expect you will see any great increase in traffic from my teeny tiny little blog (LOL) but if anyone finds you through it, they would be very lucky to do so!)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time