I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



If you had a case of "celestial amnesia," where you had forgotten any grudges and judgmental thoughts you may have once had, how would you feel and what would you do differently (i.e. What would you stop wasting your time on)? ~ Dr. Lee Jampolsky



One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why. ~Author Unknown



Your life is not an audition for a soap opera. ~ Dr. Lee Jampolsky



Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length. ~Robert Frost



The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël



It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens. ~Cynthia E. Varnado



I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine had me trained in two days. ~Bill Dana



The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~Benjamin Franklin

13 comments:

Inday said...

Those are great food for thought that match the magnificent photos. I like all the quotes with special mention to Dr Lee Jampolsky.

Anonymous said...

Ya know it's too bad humans can't be more like animals and not be so judgemental. But Oooooo sometimes it is so much fun! **evil grin**

Mark Kreider said...

Once again you've put a smile on my face and a song in my heart... thank you!

christopher said...

I enjoy the quotes you choose. I must admit though I find some irony in the one by Dr. Lee Jampolsky. For if I was to forget the grudges and judgmental thoughts that I've had then I'd probably be more apt to repeat them over. I think that forgiving myself more likely leads me down a better path.

kRiZcPEc said...

I know it's very very cold in many places, so a little suggestion: keep yourself and your loved ones warm. Take care. Eat chocolate, drink hot drink, cheers. :)

Kay said...

Ben Franklin was definitely a wise man.

joo said...

Mme.de Staël is my favourite! I love the photos and quotations here Sylvia, terrific post!
Greetings
Joo

Wolynski said...

At one point my life WAS an audition for a soap opera, but now I have celestial amnesia.

Must find out who Dr.Jampolsky is - sounds very wise.

Lovely post.

storyteller said...

Lovely photo series with wonderful quotes as always. Love the first one especially and am intrigued by the name Jampolsky ... wondering if Lee is related to Jerry Jampolsky who wrote Teach Only Love (and many other books) that kept me grounded when my world fell apart decades ago. I'll check it out as time permits but this morning I'm trying to do some virtual visiting before heading out to spend the day with my sister. Seems like I was looking at your WORLD post yesterday interrupted by a phone call. I should check to see whether or not I left a comment. I do remember it being beautiful.
Hugs and blessings,

Pat said...

Beautiful photos, and I loved the quote about kittens. Oh and also the happiness quote!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

paz

George said...

Thanks for more beauty and wisdom. I really like the quote from Benjamin Franklin.

dianasfaria.com said...

My dog has trained me very easily too!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time