I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word.........after it's said..

The occasion........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.



Smile, breathe and go slowly. ~Thich Nhat Hanh



Breath is Spirit. The act of breathing is Living. ~Author Unknown



I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am. ~Sylvia Plath



It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass



The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child. ~Joe Houldsworth



One of the virtues of being very young is that you don't let the facts get in the way of your imagination. ~Sam Levenson



The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart. ~Mencius, Book IV

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true on the four things. Loev them and that last photo is breathtaking. Have a great Wednesday. xoxoxo

Rajesh said...

Fantastic shots. I simply adore the last shot.

dianasfaria.com said...

I always love coming here for the breath of fresh air that I get when I read your evening wisdom posts.
I think you should compile a book of these.
I love your Forget Me Nots, one of my favorite flowers. I have them in my garden too.
& I love the quote about stealing a child's kiss when he is sleeping...' best.

Annie said...

Great quotes and photos to go with them Sylvia! Thank you!

And thanks for popping by my My World post today!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Your words are gems, though sometimes we say," Ops!!!!" after saying something wrong. Ops! doesn't rectify the wrong.

kRiZcPEc said...

Thanks for sharing, enjoy your day! :)

Unknown said...

HI Sylvia
Nice pics and nice words to go with them :). Hope you are having a nice week, Evelyn

Jo said...

Lovely words, Sylvia and WOW on that last photo. Amazing!

Nessa said...

Beautiful pictures to go with the inspirational sayings.

Dam

Bill S. said...

Thanks for the pictures and the sayings. Great post.

happily retired gal said...

Beautiful images and wonderful thoughts shared ... methinks Sylvia Plath will stay with me today ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Sacred Ruminations

Anonymous said...

Ah, but we can recover words or stones through the concept of forgiveness. If it is taken to heart, then it energetically leaves the soul allowing one to feel without regret or energetic bindings.

Carly said...

All of your photos are great, but the last is my favorite!

Nishant said...

Fantastic shots. I simply adore the last shot.

Work From Home

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time