I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate - it's apathy. It's not giving a damn.
Leo Buscaglia



We are each responsible for our own happiness.
Dr. Lee Jampolsky



Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain



Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain



Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.
Leo Buscaglia


Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.
Anais Nin

6 comments:

Kay said...

I love these quotes, Sylvia. Thanks you for ending my day so sweetly.

Unknown said...

Wise quotes and beautiful photographs again Sylvia.
Costas

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

what timeless post!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-birthday-christina.html

birthday wishes for a friend,
welcome join us!

Gena D said...

Hi Sylvia - gorgeous images .... I especially love the last one ..... such great depth and soft detail!!!! Also great words
Gena @ Thinking Aloud

Susan at Stony River said...

You know I'm buying an extra compact flash card for this trip thanks to you.

(Our flights are booked -- SQUEEEEE!!!)
ROFL

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time