I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Thom!!! Pfffftt!

To my good friend, Thom, whom I happen to know hates birthdays -- although he's very good at celebrating other peoples! Besides, when you get to be as old as I am believe me, you're grateful you're still around to celebrate one! So, I'm thumbing my nose at him and celebrating his birthday anyway!! Hey, that's what friends are for!!!



This is for you, Thom! You WON'T see cutesy little smiley faces on this post,
just the stone cold truth of how I feel about friendship.
1. When you are sad, I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!
2. When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile, I will know you are plotting something that I
must be involved in.
4. When you're scared, we will high tail it out of here.
5. When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how
much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!
6. When you are confused, I will use little words.
7. When you are sick, Stay away from me until you are well again
because I don't want whatever it is that you have!
8. When you fall, I'll pick you up and dust you off--After I laugh!!!
9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end.

'Why?' you may ask;-- because you're my great friend, of course!!

And while you're a long way from us old AARP'ers, this is the eye chart to look forward to when you have your eyes checked for those new glasses!



Are you squinting yet!! Woot!

16 comments:

Greener Bangalore said...

hahah loved that second pic ;) .......and wish the zooming should be the other way round :) lol

Gattina said...

What ? it's Thom's birthday I must run over to congratulate, lol !

Anonymous said...

Well thank you so much PhQB!!! This means a great deal to me and I wonder how you found out about me and my birthday? LOL Your oath is the bomb!!! I'm going to hold you to it :) LOL And wouldn't you know all I can see is the first two lines of the eye test LOL. You are the best and I'm very grateful for your remembering. Many mahalos and I'm so glad that you came into my life :) Love you and thank you.

xoxoxo

Leslie D. said...

Funny eye chart!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Great post Sylvia and Happy Birthday Thom!

jabblog said...

Hey, Thom's away! (Was it deliberate??)
Happy Birthday anyway . . . and many more to come :-)
I know, I know, you just want to be wished 'Happy Unbirthday for the rest of the year' - *sigh* It's so hard to please some folks ;-)

Peggy said...

Happy Birthday Thom, what a sly guy you are too. You restricted comments on your blog for a week. Hmmmm ?????
We love you Thom, please be my BFF forever.
BTW Sylvia, I wear contacts and it was all a blur towards the bottom. Then I took the contacts out and I could see. I must need readers now. Oh joy. :)

Linda Reeder said...

Well, that's quite the birthday acknowledgement! Love the eye chart!

~Cheryl said...

Great birthday tribute! Love the eye chart...

Kay said...

Oh Sylvia, you are too funny. I'm sure Thom was squinting. Ummm... so was I!

Janie said...

Now that's a great eye chart!
Your list is a pretty good definition of friendship, I think.

Suz said...

why..happy birthday Thom
and where on earth do YOU find such things...I want to know...NOW

magiceye said...

such a beautiful post to wish a friend!
happy birthday thom!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

A day for birthdays, It is my youngest son's 14 birthday. 14 is a significant age. here in New Zealand, a kid is allowed to stay at home by himself. So today, we went off to Biblestudy, and he stayed home.

George said...

Now Betsy says I can't get my eyes examined without her being there!
Happy Birthday, Thom.

Serline said...

My hubby is always boasting about his eagle eyesight... I'll have him give it a go!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time