I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

And His Song Is My Song


My Song
by Rabindranath Tagore

This song of mine will wind its music around you,
my child, like the fond arms of love.

The song of mine will touch your forehead
like a kiss of blessing.

When you are alone it will sit by your side and
whisper in your ear, when you are in the crowd
it will fence you about with aloofness.

My song will be like a pair of wings to your dreams,
it will transport your heart to the verge of the unknown.

It will be like the faithful star overhead
when dark night is over your road.

My song will sit in the pupils of your eyes,
and will carry your sight into the heart of things.

And when my voice is silenced in death,
my song will speak in your living heart.

6 comments:

Ugich Konitari said...

I am curious to know how come you read so much of tagore's poetry !

I was reading this post, and just received a mail about someone passing away. In the US. This was the sister of my very first roommate (an American) at the Univ when i came to the US for grad school in 1969. We've been actively in touch all these years.....This poem was something so apt and comforting, that I was able to send it to her.

Blogs do work in some amazing ways, dont they.....thanks so much !

Anonymous said...

Dear Sylvia, I read your song as my song but I have yet to hear it!?

Maithri said...

Thank you my friend,

I love, love, love Tagore,

Your spirit is so beautiful,

Blessings, M

Anonymous said...

I love his poetry, this is a beautiful one, indeed!

Peggy said...

I just love this peom of yours(tagore)...I placed it in my heart. It spoke to me ...

Lilly said...

Really touching Sylvia and a great comfort too.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time