I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Cat in the Hat on Aging


Just in case you weren't feeling too old today.
The people who are starting college this fall were born in 1989.
They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
The CD was introduced two years before they were born.
They have always had an answering machine.
They have always had cable..
Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
Popcorn has always been microwaved.
They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
They never heard: 'Where's the Beef?', 'I'd walk a mile for a Camel ', or 'de plane Boss, de plane'.
McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list.
Notice the larger type?
That's for those of us who have trouble reading.
P.S. Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

8 comments:

Peggy said...

I remember all those things on your list, so I'm old!
Oh gosh,,,we probably are the only planet with chocolate!

Thanks Sylvia for the reality check and a laugh!

bobbie said...

I do love Seuss! Thank you, Sylvia.

Judy said...

This really makes one feel old. I remember all those things, too. I was just thinking the other day that my parents never knew about a computer! Now, we think we can't live without one.

Anonymous said...

Well, no wonder kids are they way they are today - they missed all the good sutff! (and no other generations ever felt that way, right?)

Sylvia K said...

Deborah, I think every generation likes to look back and tell the younger ones what all they missed and while there are some things that I miss, too, there's no way I would want to go back! With all its nightmares and crap, I still wouldn't want to live in any other time frame.

storyteller said...

Wow ... time marches on doesn't it. I'm reminded how I sat by my dad watching Neal Armstrong step onto the surface of the moon listening to my dad (who was born in 1903) talk about how he was 10 when the Wright Brothers flew their first planes successfully. Everything's relative these days isn't it. Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Mare said...

I remember when the kids had not heard of the Beatles!!I guess I'm old, for sure.
I love the Dr Seuss poetry!
How true.

Joy said...

This list always amazes me! Then they update it and make it worse!!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time