I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Attitude is Everything


It's been a very good week for me -- nothing special -- well, we've had lots of sunshine for a change and the new Trader Joe's that we've been waiting two years for finally opened today here in Ballard and while my neighbor and I aren't going shopping until Tuesday, it's still exciting! But it has been one of those weeks when you suddenly realize how incredibly you've been blessed in so many ways, when there's such a wonderful reawakening to the beauty in your life, the joy, the love, the laughter. In spite of the politics, the economy, and all the other negatives that sometimes cloud our vision, it's still a beautiful world.

These words were sent to me by a good friend and I thought I'd share them -- they're worth remembering.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Live simply,
Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly.......
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

7 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

Thanks! I'll go dance with the vaccuum cleaner now. I have been prolonging the house cleaning because I just wasn't in to doing it. I keep finding myself at the computer as a distraction.

Mari Meehan said...

Here's to kicking up our heels!

Susan at Stony River said...

I'm glad you're having a good week: congratulations on the Trader Joe's! and thank you for those wonderful inspiring words.

bobbie said...

You always have wise words for us.
A Trader Joe's! Wish we had one near us.

K. said...

"Attitude is everything" (along with "Cheer up") was my father's favorite saying. He attributed it to former Notre Dame football coach Ara Parseghian.

Bagman and Butler said...

What I really like about your sky pictures is that I realized you spend a lot of time looking up.

Sujatha Bagal said...

Lovely, Sylvia! And I love Trader Joe's! Missed it so terribly when we were in India.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time