I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Bathtub Test

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the director how they determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," the visitor said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

That's about where I stand this morning, anyone need a bed next to mine?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well THERE'S my problem (sound of teaspoon hitting the floor). Move over, sweetie...

Kay said...

I sure didn't see that coming!

Anonymous said...

Another funny one! Mahalo.

Aleks said...

Ihihihihahaghnahaha,this one is great,thank you for a good laugh,have a good sunday.

Rinkly Rimes said...

I'm always determined not to be caught by this sort of thing and I always AM!

Linda Reeder said...

I have seen this one before, but I did get caught the first time!
I hope something happens to make your day cheerier.

Peggy said...

I failed the bathtub test too. I'm bad at jokes both giving and receiving. But I laugh well!

maryt/theteach said...

LOL! Sylvia! Good idea - a nice cozy bed in an institution where no one will bother us! Heaven! :) And we're not too old for love like a snowmobile...

storyteller said...

Hahahaha .. thanks for the chuckles and all your visits. I'm so far behind I may never catch up, but I do enjoy all of your posts ... even the ones I read w/o taking time to comment on (like the very clever Job Description in the previous post).
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time